What causes swelling and pain in ankles?
It could be due to kidney issues. Get blood test.
Swelling of both feet could be an indication of some kidney problems.
I suggest you get a Renal function test - BUN and Creatinine done. Its a simple blood test. Allso get Bilirubin, Albumin and Globulin tests done. This will tell us whether there is any central cause leading to the swellings.
Only after the test results will I be able to tell you whether you need to see a Doctor or not.
Do let me know the test results so I can advice you further as to what is to be done.
Dr Rishi, New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in ankles and wrist
- What causes pain and swelling near the ankle
- What causes pain and swelling in legs
- What causes swelling and pain in the clitoris
- Pain in the ankle swelling no injury cause
- What causes swelling and pain on the perineum
- Pain in the genitals with swelling what is causing this
- What are the causes for pain and swelling in toes
- What causes pain in ankles
- What causes swelling and pain in the testicles