What causes sudden hot flashes on the torso?

Question
Hi, my wife, 71, had a sudden heat flash in her torso(no where else) and a general overall sense of unease or shakiness as she described it twice this morning that lasted less than 5minutes. She has clammy skin and other than that no other symptoms. heart rate is normal
Mon, 21 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Discussion follows

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for your query.
I presume that she had no symptoms like fever or musculoskeletal pains.
Was the heat flash from the back to front along a nerve distribution? If so it can be from a nerve being stimulated. This can be from electrolyte abnormalities like a decreased ionized calcium level as can occur with increased breathing or anxiety.
Claminess of the skin is due to decreased skin perfusion and can be due to a fall in blood pressure or anxiety.
If symptoms persist it would be good to have her examined by a doctor and investigated if necessary.
Do get back to me if you have further queries.