What causes sudden hot flashes on the torso?
Welcome and thanks for your query.
I presume that she had no symptoms like fever or musculoskeletal pains.
Was the heat flash from the back to front along a nerve distribution? If so it can be from a nerve being stimulated. This can be from electrolyte abnormalities like a decreased ionized calcium level as can occur with increased breathing or anxiety.
Claminess of the skin is due to decreased skin perfusion and can be due to a fall in blood pressure or anxiety.
If symptoms persist it would be good to have her examined by a doctor and investigated if necessary.
Do get back to me if you have further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Tetralysal causing hot flashes
- Malarone cause hot flashes
- What causes severe hot flashes in elderly age
- Sudden hot flash and increase in heart rate cause
- What is the cause of swollen legsnausea and hot flashes
- Hot flash on forehead what caused this
- What causes fainting and hot flashes in children
- What causes chills and hot flashes
- What hormone causes hot flashes
- Menopause hot flashes cause
- Can hepatitis C be cured?
- Does tonsillitis cause systemic infection or UTI?
- Suggest treatment for liver cirrhosis
- What causes pain in right side and pain radiating to lower back?
- What causes sharp pain in rib cage below shoulder blade?
- What causes rhythmic contraction of the diaphragm?
- What is the treatment for radiculopathy?
- Is Zentel to be taken before or after a meal?
- What causes pain in upper abdomen radiating to left side?
- How long Lupron injections need to be continued for prostate cancer?