What causes increased heart rate while 35 weeks pregnant?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 22 May 2018 in General Health
Question: Hello doctor, I had few conversation with you during last two months.I am in the UK and currently at 35 weeks pregnant. History: two miscarriages, one ectopic and this successful pregnancy is with IVF. I had asked you about B12 deficiency, BPD/AC queries then reduced movement etc.

Recently I had been to hospital and they monitored me with CTG and all was fine. Last week's USG was good as well. I have another USG this Friday.

In hospital they found my heart beat rate was 115+. They advised me to drink plenty of water but my heart beat was always between 110 to 123. Two weeks before it was between 90-100. But CTG was fine so they did not bother much and let me go home. The baby's heart rate was normal between 120 to 140.

1> What could be the reason for my high heart beat at 35 weeks? Is it a problem?

2> Because I had reported reduced fetal movement, they have given me option to induce labour early at 38 weeks. Should I go for induced labour at 38 weeks? What are the benefits and what are the risks? Or I should wait until natural labour?

3> Most likely they will go for natural delivery. Because without medical reason they do not advise for C-section. I read on internet that baby may have distress if labour goes longer. I am worried and do not want to take any risks at this stage. Can I insist on C-section or natural will be fine?

4> Because so far there were not any major issues with my pregnancy, do you think I am very safe at this stage? And C-section or natural delivery will not cause any problem?

5> Any points you think I should ask my doctor or hospital before I confirm what kind of delivery I prefer?

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained Below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks For trusting me about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
Here are the answers of your questions.
Increased heart rate could be due to hypotension( low blood pressure) or could it be due to anaemia( low hb).
Yes,You Can go for delivery at 38 weeks, there is no issues in it.
As your baby heart beat is normal and rest of the things are normal but as this is your precious child ( after two miscarriage and one ectopic pregnancy),you can go for c - section because if you are having tachycardia,normal delivery may cause pressure during labor.
So if your doctor feel so you can go for induction of labor followed with normal delivery ( but avoid prolonged labor).
Or You Can go for direct c- section also.
Hope Found Useful, Feel Free to ask more information.
Good Luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D