• question-icon

Weak baby movements after having sudden sharp sensation. See a doctor?

I m in my 28th week and a couple nights ago I felt a sharp (not painful though) sensation that sort of felt like my bladder being squeezed. It was in the middle of the night so I got up and went to the bathroom. I had a few more feelings like that the next day. Ever since, I ve noticed my baby s movements aren t as strong or frequent. Is there a connection; should I call my doctor? As I type this, I can feel the baby moving (I just ate lunch), but the movements aren t as strong as they normally are...
Tue, 26 Apr 2016
OB & GYN Specialist 's  Response

hello,
You are carrying 28 wks pregnancy and feeling with less/weak baby movement.
Actually baby moves in specific time/situation and you have to feel it properly. You can assess it by DFMC or Daily Fetal Movement Count which is 10 per hr.
If you feel less than 10 moves/hr for 1-2 days or more,you need to consult with your doctor for clinical assessment along with USG lower abdomen for FPP.
Take healthy diet,continue Iron/Calcium supplements,avoid stress, sleep properly with left lateral position and do periodic check up.
Be well.