Can advair increase the heart rate?

My son is 20 year old son is currently playing college baseball and this year when he had his physical his resting heart rate was 106. He also has asthma and is currently taking Advair. When doing his running exercises for baseball he is one of the last ones to finish. He says he doesn t have chest pains. Would the Advair increase his heart rate. Is there reason for concern?
Wed, 19 May 2021

Advair causes increased and irregular heart rate but its quite rare. Your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Infrequently, it might cause side effects like, increased heart rate, muscle cramps, tremors etc. As you have said, your son is baseball player, it puts on extra edge as there is a more activity and exercise, our body starts to increase heart rate. So it's advisable for him to consult prescribed doctor to know whether the heart rate is regular or irregular.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shilpa M.D, General & Family Physician