What do lightheadedness, fatigue, confusion and heart palpitations with sinus bradycardia indicate?

Dr. Rishu Saxena

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 22 May 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I have been told I have sinus bradycardia and am having symptoms of light headedness, fatigue, confusion, heart palpitations, pulse between 40 and 50 for 5 days. Should I go see my doctor or jusr see if it passes. Why would it get worse as I have know of the sinus bradycardia for 5 months?
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes you should definitely go to Electrophysiology cardiologist.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query,
Madam you have to visit a electrophysiologist who would conduct electrophysiological studies on you to find the cause of bradycardia.
Result of studies would decide whether to insert a pacemaker in you or not.Most likely you would need a pacemaker.
However it depends wherher problem is in sinoatrial node firing or in nodes and wire transferring impuse into heart.
You should visit and electrophysiologist before things get worse.Heart rate less then 30/min can even be fatal and may cause cardiac arrest.

Hope i was helpul.
Thanks!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome and get well soon.

Detailed Answer:
Regards!
Follow up: Dr. Rishu Saxena 1 minute later
thank you. will set up an appointment.