• question-icon

What causes rashes on the right arm?

Posted on Wed, 12 Jul 2017 in Infections
Question: In addition to all the symptoms checked I have a rash resembling shingles under my right arm and on my right shoulder blade. What should I do? (these symptoms are for my husband)This is my husbands information. His back is also really hurting from deep within from his kidney to the shoulderblade on his left side.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please upload an image

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Shingles is caused due to a type of herpes virus. I would request you to upload image of the affected areas. It will help me to evaluate the condition. You can apply some emollient like calamine lotion or some moisturizer like aloe vera lotion. Antivirals like acyclovir may be used but after the eruptions occur, their role is limited.

I would await your response based on which I will guide you further. Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha