What could it be if having red mark on lower lip?

I woke up with a red mark on my lower lip. It looks like a hematoma, and does not hurt. I get red marks on my arms and hands if I bump into something or hit something. It looks like that on my lip It is not herpes simplex. I have put aloe vera on it and it doesn t seem to help, even tried Abreva.
Fri, 26 Apr 2019
Dentist 's  Response

As per your query you have a red mark on lower lip be which can be due to many factors such as canker sore like stress (very common), irritation of mucosa due to food, fruits and drinks, vitamin deficiency and underlying diseases that weaken the immune system.

They usually go away on their own without any treatment in a week or two or by avoiding trigger factor.

I would suggest you apply some antimicrobial ointment, start multivitamin supplement containing vitamin B12 and folic acid, quit smoking and drinking at least for some time and apply a gel containing benzocaine for pain.

If condition persists after 2 weeks then consult a dentist for proper examination and to rule out causes like HIV, herpes or oral cancer.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Harry Maheshwari, Dentist