What causes burning sensation and itching in the genitals?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 24 Feb 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Savlon applied wen I felt itching in my genitals,, around my anus , penis every of that delicate area is having burning sensations. My testacles skin has swallon up, applied aloe XXXXXXX and curd for some relief but still am struggling
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Irritant dermatitis

Detailed Answer:
Hello. thank you.

I am Dr. kakkar (Dermatologist).
I have noted your concern.
You seem to have developed irritant dermatiti to Dettol.
I suggest you to apply a moderately potent topical steroid e.g mometasone furoate 0.1% cream, twice daily. It is a prescription steroid.
In addition you may also take a tab. cetrizine once daily for symptomatic relief from itching.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 29 minutes later
My testacles have inflammation if I could forward you the image for better view. This burning sensations is killing me, I shall apply the ointment mentioned. If u could help me to know the commercial name for the ointment. I shall revert you after application
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
Upload images

Detailed Answer:
Thank you

You may upload images in "Reports Section" or you may mail me the images at YYYY@YYYY with the subject line of the mail as Attention:Dr. kakkar.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 12 hours later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Irritant dermatitis to Savlon

Detailed Answer:
thank you.
I have viewed the image. The scrotal skin seems inflammed and it certainly is due to irritant dermatitis to savlon - savlon burn.
I suggest you to apply either fluticasone propionate 0.05%cream(Flutivate cream) Or Mometasone furoate 0.1%cream(Momate cream), twice daily for a week.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T