Suggest treatment for red ring like rashes on the buttocks

Excellent

Pediatrician
Question
My baby boy of 4 months is getting red ring like rashes on his bumps .Photos attached for same from last 2_3 days..Also today it appeared on ear also..Don't know the same or different but red in colour We used nappies in night and used to bath him on daily basis.Only thing we used is Olepac oil for massage and mustard oil for head scalp..please check and provide feedback about the infection.Do we need to take some ointment or some other home remedy will work .Do help on same
thanks and regards XXXX
Wed, 23 May 2018 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Two different types of rashes present

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I have checked the attached images. Let me assure you that for children upto 3 months of age it is normal to get rashes similar to the one near the ear. It is called erythema toxicum. Unlike the name, it is absolutely harmless and needs no intervention and is not a cause for concern. Sometimes some white dots called milia can also be present along. They too are not a cause for concern and are caused due to deposition of dead cells under the skin.

However, the rash around the buttocks is not normal and indicates nappy rash. In other words, the moisture trapped in the nappies is causing the rash. The area therefore needs to be kept clean and dry. You can use Happy Nap or Siloderm Mixi Ointment but they are secondary. The primary step is to ensure that the area remains dry. You can use some moisturizer like aloe vera lotion.

Feel free to write back.