Suggest treatment for red ring like rashes on the buttocks
My baby boy of 4 months is getting red ring like rashes on his bumps .Photos attached for same from last 2_3 days..Also today it appeared on ear also..Don't know the same or different but red in colour We used nappies in night and used to bath him on daily basis.Only thing we used is Olepac oil for massage and mustard oil for head scalp..please check and provide feedback about the infection.Do we need to take some ointment or some other home remedy will work .Do help on same
thanks and regards XXXX
Two different types of rashes present
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I have checked the attached images. Let me assure you that for children upto 3 months of age it is normal to get rashes similar to the one near the ear. It is called erythema toxicum. Unlike the name, it is absolutely harmless and needs no intervention and is not a cause for concern. Sometimes some white dots called milia can also be present along. They too are not a cause for concern and are caused due to deposition of dead cells under the skin.
However, the rash around the buttocks is not normal and indicates nappy rash. In other words, the moisture trapped in the nappies is causing the rash. The area therefore needs to be kept clean and dry. You can use Happy Nap or Siloderm Mixi Ointment but they are secondary. The primary step is to ensure that the area remains dry. You can use some moisturizer like aloe vera lotion.
Feel free to write back.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for recurrent itchy red skin rashes
- Suggest treatment and cause itchy rash on buttocks
- Suggest treatment for sore rash on buttock
- Rash between buttocks treatment
- Red itchy rash in armpits suggest treatment
- Itching in anus and rash on buttocks suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for lump on buttocks with small itchy rash
- Suggest treatment for swelling on buttocks
- Suggest treatment for intertrigo on buttocks
- Suggest treatment for rash in the buttock region
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever