What causes white discharge from the eye and red patches on the body?
My baby is 10 days old and having a white discharge from left eye and rashes of red patches with white in the middle on body.
What could be the reason ?
Swabbing the eyes should help
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. The reason for the mentioned problem is an eye infection which is often seen in newborn babies. I would insist you to swab the eyes with cottoned wettened in lukewarm water, from the inner angle of the eye moving from inside to the outer angle. Use separate swab for each eye. Do this a few times a day based on requirement. Usually that suffices. If it does not, antibiotic drops like Ciprofloxacin would be needed.
I would insist you to upload an image of the red patches. I would guide you accordingly.
Let me know if I could help further.
No need to worry
I have checked the attached image. Let me assure you that for children upto 3 months of age it is normal to get rashes on the skin. It is called erythema toxicum. Unlike the name, it is absolutely harmless and needs no intervention and is not a cause for concern. Sometimes some white dots called milia can also be present along. They too are not a cause for concern and are caused due to deposition of dead cells under the skin.
They are not due to allergic cause or heat rashes. No intervention needed. You can however use some moisturizer like aloe vera lotion.
Feel free to write back.
One more query, since today morning 4 am by baby didnt urinate. Also he is into deep sleep to feed him today .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes red color patch at corner of eye
- What causes white patches all over the body
- What causes severe redness in eyes
- What causes red eyes symptoms
- What causes sudden redness in the eye
- What is the cause of a red and swollen eye
- Nicotine patch causes red eyes
- Cause of red patch in eye
- What is the cause of red patch in eye
- What causes bloodshot red eyes
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever