Suggest treatment for eye infection in a child

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Fri, 11 May 2018 in Child Health
Question: I have twins (girls) and they are 2.10 yrs old. Both of them have fever since yesterday, they also have some sort of infection in the eye - the symptoms are eyes frequently watering, mild redness and there is some mild yellow secretion in the eye.
Can you please advise on what we should use for the eye infection?

for fever we have put them on dolo drops for the moment and if the fever does not come down by tomorrow we will take them to the hospital.
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wash eyes with plain water. Consult doctor. Apply Ciplox Eye Drops.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. It seems that your daughters have somehow contracted an infection, possibly viral in origin. The eye infection needs to be checked and it would be a good idea to visit the hospital. Depending on the findings the doctor may prescribe antibiotic drops like Ciprofloxacin. If the children are otherwise active you need not worry but if the activity level is lower and they seem lethargic, they would need medical attention anyway. Till then Dolo Drops (paracetamol) is right to be given.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T