What causes sharp pain in the left side of the abdomen?

Dr. Manjunath Metri

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I am starting to experience a sharp pain on the left side, I get the feeling I need to go to the bathroom but little comes out. the pain is starting to get where it does not feel good to push on the left side or its hurts to cough
Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be Gastritis

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HealthcareMagic..
I thank you for posting your query here and I am definitely going to help you out..

I read your question completely and have understood it well enough..

Please note..

1. I feel you are either suffering from Gastritis or Colitis or both...

2. Because, that sharp pain is classical of gastritis..

3. Also, the small amount of frequent stools suggests colitis.

4. Please start on these medications.. You should be fine soon..

A. Tablet Ciplox TZ
B. Tablet Pantoprazole
With both these drugs you should be fine.

Please start..

Hope this helps you
In case you need further assistance, please contact me back.
Or you can close the question and rate..
Take care..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Manjunath Metri 4 hours later
Do I need to go to the doctor to get a prescription for these drugs??
Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, they are prescription drugs

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome back...
Please note

1. They are prescription drugs.
2. If pain subsides then great, or else we can get a scan for you..

Hope this helps you..
Or, you can close the question and rate..
Take care..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad