Suggest treatment for ear pain

Dr. Kampana

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I am having ear pain, and getting water out of it.

Seems some infection inside, due to that feeling very lazy and tired.

Answered by Dr. Kampana 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Perforation should be ruled out.

Detailed Answer:

Did you have any injury or foreign body inside your ear? Do you have repeated infection of cold?

It looks like an infection, but to rule out perforation it is best to meet an ENT specialist for a detailed examination. Meanwhile, you can apply 2 drops of ciplox ear drops to the affected ear twice daily for 5 days.

Do not allow water to get inside your ear during bath. Clean with ear buds lightly everyday once.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Kampana 3 minutes later
Thanks for your prompt respond.

Mean while could you please advise any anti biotic, which help me to get out from this pain and any sort of infection.

And for your info:

I don not have any repeated infection and recent injury for the same.
Answered by Dr. Kampana 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As explained below

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,

Yes you can apply 2 drops of ciplox ear drops to the affected ear twice daily for 5 days. For pain you can take tab. Dolo 650 mg as and when required maximum 4 times a day.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,