• question-icon

What causes rashes between the breasts?

Posted on Fri, 30 Jun 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi, my wife is having rashes betweeh her breasts for the last 7 days. It is brownish in color and it is spread for around 3cm inbetween the breasts. Can you let me know medicines or skin cream for the same.
Regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Either intertrigo or ringworm infection, upload pictures

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
According to your complaints it could be either intertrigo which is inflammation of the body folds or ringworm infection which is a fungal infection.
I would recommend you to upload the pictures of the affected areas so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Thanks doctor. Her age is 30 and we have a one year old girl child. Iam attaching image if the infection for your refernce. Pl suggest medication and advice
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can't see any pictures, upload them again

Detailed Answer:
I can't see any pictures.
Kindly upload the images under the report section or mail them to YYYY@YYYY as " Attention: Dr Asmeet ".
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 54 minutes later
Image attached
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can't see any image

Detailed Answer:
I still can't see any image. Please try reattaching them. You can also mail them to YYYY@YYYY .
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 30 minutes later
Pl find attached the skin infection of my wife attached for your reference. Pl check and suggest medication and treatment.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Intertrigo and its management

Detailed Answer:
I have reviewed the attached photograph and it seems to be intertrigo which is inflammation of the body folds.

If I were her treating doctor I would recommend her to apply a steroid antifungal combination cream like Beclomethasone and Clotrimazole cream on the affected areas twice daily along with the application of an antifungal powder beneath and between the breasts 2-3 times in a day.

If this is associated with itching she can take antihistaminic like tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg once daily.
These are prescription drugs and should be taken under the supervision of the doctor.

Besides ask her to wear loose cotton clothes, stay in the cool airy environment, avoid humid areas and keep the area dry.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist