question-icon

What causes rashes all over body post Amoxicillin treatment?

Posted on Tue, 10 May 2016
Question: Son has rash all overklig body
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar (39 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Possibility of allergy due to amoxicillin is more.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your concern.
In my opinion, he is mostly having acute allergic reaction to amoxicillin.
So better to stop amoxicillin immediately and start combination of antihistamine (levocetrizine or fexofenadine) and anti allergic (montelukast) drugs.
Apply steroid (beclometasone or mometasone) cream on lesions.
Don't worry, he will mostly improve in 1-2 days.
Please reply me
1. Is he having allergies?
2. Has he taken amoxicillin in the past or this is his first time?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better. I will be happy to help you further. Wishing good health to your son. Thanks.
Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist