What does a spreading rash on the leg indicate?

Posted on Wed, 9 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I HAVE A PRICKLY RASH ON MY LEGS BEEN USING CORTISONE FOR MILD RASH NOW IT IS ALL OVER MY LEGS
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload images and provide additional information

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist).
I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.
I request you to kindly upload a few good quality photos of the rash in "Reports Section" so that I am able to guide you better.
Also let me know if you have any associated symptoms like itching? burning? pain? etc.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 20 hours later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Moderately potent topical steroid a day a moisturizer. Also oral cetrizine

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.
I have viewed the images though they are not very clear.
I suggest you to use a moisturizer, twice daily and a moderately potent topical steroid e.g mometasone furoate 0.1 % or betamethasone valerate 0.1 % cream. Cortisone cream contains hydrocortisone which is a very mild steroid.
In addition to this you may take an oral antihistamine e.g Cetrizine 10mg tab, once a day for symptomatic relief from itching.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist