How can dryness and flakiness near the lips be treated?
The corners of my lips especially the left corner of the lower lips feels very dry and flaky ( it is not completly peeling off and coming such that I can wipe it offf but at the same time if I wipe it off using cotton bud it becomes red ) I am really very much scared what should I do ? I am applying lots of sebamed lip
Topical steroid like mometasone or fluticasone
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I have reviewed the attached photographs and I can't appreciate any scaling or dryness.
If you are having so much of complaints I would recommend you to apply a topical steroid like mometasone cream or fluticasone cream on the affected areas twice daily for a short duration like 5-7 days.
Meanwhile you can continue applying sebamed lip balm 4-5 times in a day.
Don't be scared as it is nothing serious.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How can pain and dryness of eyes be treated
- How to treat lip bumps
- How to treat chapped lips
- How to treat lip hickey
- How to treat bad oral smell and dryness
- How can i treat skin dryness
- How to treat vaginal dryness during sex
- How to cure facial redness and dryness with flaky skin
- How to treat a bruise lip
- How to treat tongue dryness and burning
- What are the symptoms of scabies?
- Suggest treatment for superficial folliculitis on inner thigh
- Suggest treatment for graying of hair and hair loss
- What causes red colored lesion on the hips?
- Suggest treatment for dry lips
- Suggest treatment for recurrent acne
- Suggest treatment for itching in the armpits
- What causes tiny skin tags in neck area?
- How to get rid of body lice?
- Suggest treatment for itching on neck, hands and legs