How can dryness and flakiness near the lips be treated?

Dermatologist
Question
Hello doctor
The corners of my lips especially the left corner of the lower lips feels very dry and flaky ( it is not completly peeling off and coming such that I can wipe it offf but at the same time if I wipe it off using cotton bud it becomes red ) I am really very much scared what should I do ? I am applying lots of sebamed lip
Balm
Mon, 14 May 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Topical steroid like mometasone or fluticasone

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I have reviewed the attached photographs and I can't appreciate any scaling or dryness.
If you are having so much of complaints I would recommend you to apply a topical steroid like mometasone cream or fluticasone cream on the affected areas twice daily for a short duration like 5-7 days.
Meanwhile you can continue applying sebamed lip balm 4-5 times in a day.
Don't be scared as it is nothing serious.
Dr Asmeet