How can dryness and flakiness near the lips be treated?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 14 May 2018 in General Health
Question: Hello doctor
The corners of my lips especially the left corner of the lower lips feels very dry and flaky ( it is not completly peeling off and coming such that I can wipe it offf but at the same time if I wipe it off using cotton bud it becomes red ) I am really very much scared what should I do ? I am applying lots of sebamed lip
Balm
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Topical steroid like mometasone or fluticasone

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I have reviewed the attached photographs and I can't appreciate any scaling or dryness.
If you are having so much of complaints I would recommend you to apply a topical steroid like mometasone cream or fluticasone cream on the affected areas twice daily for a short duration like 5-7 days.
Meanwhile you can continue applying sebamed lip balm 4-5 times in a day.
Don't be scared as it is nothing serious.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad