What causes rashes on the buttocks of a child despite being potty trained?

Dermatologist
Question
My 5 year old daughter has had this rash on her bottom (cheeks and back of upper leg) since last Wednesday. No where else on body. Called doc and they said yeast infection (They didn't see her, just by description). Two days ago, it still wasn't better so I took her to our walk in clinic and the doctor said it was probably excema, but he didn't sound very sure. She has never had it before. She has no other symptoms, no fever, no diarehha. She has been potty trained for a long time so its nothing to do with diapers.They gave me a steroid cream to put on it. It still doesn't look better today. Does this look like eczema and how long before it clears up with cream?
Mon, 14 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be eczema, topical steroid & moisturising cream

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and reviewed the attached photographs.
It seems to be eczema.
I would recommend you to apply topical steroid like mometasone cream on the affected areas twice daily along with application of a moisturising cream containing white soft paraffin on the entire buttocks and upper thighs 2-3 times in a day.
She has been prescribed which steroid?
It usually takes around 2 weeks to go away.
Dr Asmeet

Follow-up: What causes rashes on the buttocks of a child despite being potty trained? 1 hour later
Yes we have a steroid cream which we started yesterday morning. She just got home from preschool and it looks worse since putting the steroid on. Can the steroid cream make it worse?

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Steroid cream won't worsen it

Detailed Answer:
Steroid cream won't worsen it.
It will take some time for steroid cream to act and results can be seen after 4-5 days.