What causes low WBC count?
Dear sir i would recommend the following.
thank you for choosing hcm.
i did review your concern. i would be more than happy to review your previous blood reports you can either upload them here or send them at YYYY@YYYY with my name dr Parth Anil desai as subject attention.
also please let me know if you are having any other problems since last 5 years like any swelling in body, increased infections or any other symptom.
awaiting your reply with results.
dr Parth desai
Hi I would recommend the following sir
I am sorry to hear about your mother.
lymphoma and leukemia generally present with swelling in neck, groin or lymph nodes and increasing infections as well as a increasing wbc count ( occasionally leukopenia also) and usually with affects on hemoglobin lowering and platelet count decrease as more and more months and years pass by.
Although generally neutrophils are more than lymphocytes in adults it can be seen that lymphos may be more in some adults. Also a total count of 4.5 is ideally considered normal on the lower side, but varies from lab to lab.
once I review your reports I will be in a much better situation to answer specifically in detail and guide you for further investigations.
I hope this helps sir.
let me know if you have any other concerns.
Dr Parth Desai.
Hi I would recommend the following.
Dear siri have received 3 of your reports.
.your hemoglobin and platelet counts are consistently normal which is a great sign
the total count also is largely normal. some people naturally tend to have total white cell counts on lower side of normal and if there are no problems like recurrent infections there is nothing to worry about that.
regarding lymphocyte count, yes it is slightly on the higher side, but with other counts being normal I am not concerned a lot. To be absolutely sure I would recommend a peripheral smear examination just to see the lymphocyte morphology. also a repeat blood report after 6 months just to make sure that total count is not going below 4.0 and other parameters are not affected.
overall, I believe chances of lymphoma/ blood malignancy are very very low. just to confirm you can get a morphological assessment on a peripheral blood smear.
I hope this helps sir.
let me know if you have any other concern sir.
Dr Parth Desai
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can alcohol addiction causes low wbc count and haemoglobin count
- Dizziness and wbc count is low
- Low wbc count cause
- Simvastatin cause low wbc count
- Excess wbc count causes vitiligo
- Why causes high wbc count
- Low wbc count simvastatin
- What can be the cause of elevated wbc count
- Causes of elevated wbc count
- Cause of increased wbc count
- Suggest remedies to increase HB and WBC in blood
- What does this IgM level of 29 indicate?
- What does my blood test report indicate?
- What does this bone marrow report indicate?
- What causes low grade fever, body pain and fatigue?
- What causes elevated ferritin levels, enlarged spleen and fatty liver?
- What does my lab test report indicate?
- Is medical abortion advisable for a factor 2 mutation heterozygous patient?
- What causes high ferritin and low hematocrit levels?
- What do my lab test reports indicate?