• question-icon

What causes bruises on the body when diagnosed with lymphocytosis?

Posted on Wed, 9 Aug 2017 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: I have Addison's disease and I am hypothyroid. I am 57. In the last two days, I have noticed many bruises on my legs, hands, thighs and arms, which seem to have come out of nowhere. I was also diagnosed many years ago based on repeated blood tests with lymphocytosis. I had blood work done 2 months ago and it was all good. Are there any factors that you might see that would cause this? Thanks. XXXX
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be indicative of adrenal crisis

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I would insist you to upload an image of the bruises. I will also insist you to get your coagulation profile including platelet count checked. Moreover, you should seek medical assistance at the earliest as you might be going into adrenal crisis which could be the cause of your bruising

I would insist you not to ignore it. Let me know if I could help further.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha