What causes fever in an infant post vaccination?

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Child Health
Question: Hello Dr,
My one year old had taken hepatitis a1 and synflorix(pneumonia vaccination) vaccinations yesterday evening.He is having mild fever now(100°c) .He is not sleeping well in the last night.I gave him paracetamol drops.is it normal? Anything to worry?
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Fever post vaccination is common

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome
I have gone through your query.
Post vaccination, fever is common, I don't think you should be worried. You can give paracetamol drops for fever. Fever will subside in one or two days.

Hope this helps. I'll be glad to address your further queries.

This provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.

I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T