What causes sore throat, white spots in tonsils, runny nose and tiredness?

hi, ive had swollen glands in the front of my neck for the past 10 days with a sore throat and white spots on my tonsils. they are also enlarged and red. the past two days i have had ear ache and a really sore head and now in the past 24 hours, developed a runny nose. i also am extremely tired - sleeping for hours and hours, waking up and forcing myself to eat and drink something and then falling asleep again. its sore to swallow and i feel slightly squeemish at the thought of food. what could be causing this and is there anything i can do to help it? i did take two paracetamol tablets last night before i went to sleep again to relieve the headache.
Tue, 8 Jun 2021

Sore throat, swollen neck glands,runny nose, white spots in throat, red swollen tonsils and extreme sleepiness indicate one of the following:
- Bacterial infection of the upper respiratory tract
- Viral infection with reactionary changes
- Any other disease like glandular fever

Consult an ENT surgeon for proper clinical evaluation, examination and investigations:
Throat swab from white spots, tonsils. Detailed tests of blood like CBC, ESR, CRP, kidney and liver functions, blood culture and sensitivity, Ultrasound of neck and FNAC if required. All these will give an appropriate diagnosis so that a specific treatment can be given. This may be in the form of antibiotics, anti-inflammatory medicines, symptomatic and supportive treatment, Providone iodine gargles.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. T. Chandrakant, General Surgeon

Recent questions on Antipyretic

Hi, Sore throat, swollen neck glands,runny nose, white spots in throat, red swollen tonsils and extreme sleepiness indicate one of the following: - Bacterial infection of the upper respiratory tract - Viral infection with reactionary changes - Any other disease like glandular fever Consult an ENT surgeon for proper clinical evaluation, examination and investigations: Throat swab from white spots, tonsils. Detailed tests of blood like CBC, ESR, CRP, kidney and liver functions, blood culture and sensitivity, Ultrasound of neck and FNAC if required. All these will give an appropriate diagnosis so that a specific treatment can be given. This may be in the form of antibiotics, anti-inflammatory medicines, symptomatic and supportive treatment, Providone iodine gargles. Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr. T. Chandrakant, General Surgeon