What causes recurring pain in the right side of the abdomen?
Possible appendicitis. Other causes discussed
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your message.
I think I can help you.
The pain in the right lower abdomen is most commonly known to be due to appendix.
The person usually have associated features of fever and vomiting.
The treatment usually needs antibiotics and surgery once diagnosis is confirmed.
This is the most important cause of the pain located where you said.
There are other causes that include renal stones, infections, colitis being the other probable differential diagnosis.
Amongst ladies, gynecological conditions need to be considered as well.
You need to be examined by the surgeon for confirmation of appendicitis.If not appendix, other causes will need to be considered.
I suggest ultrasound of the abdomen.
Meanwhile, simple analgesics like paracetamol or ibuprofen may afford some relief.
I have tried to make it as simple as possible.
Feel free to contact us for more information as needed.
Best of luck. Dr Mittal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes frequent pain in lower right side
- What causes right sided abdominal pain
- What causes pain in abdomen and right testicle
- What causes right sided head pain on breathing
- What caused pain in the right side of the stomach
- What is the cause for pain in right lower abdomen
- What causes right sided scalp pain
- What causes right sided upper abdominal pain
- What are the causes of abdomen pain
- What causes right sided pain around the ribs