Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for kidney stones

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2015
Answered : 999 Questions
My kidney stones do not bother me why would my doctor want me to get the shockwave procedure done .
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Shinas Hussain 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Shockwave procedure not indicated if there is no pain.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting HealthcareMagic!
I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns.

Shockwave procedure is generally needed in renal stones that causes severe pain. In your case, if you don’t have any pain or other discomforts. So procedures not really indicated.

Your treating doctor may be worried about future attacks of pain. That’s why he advised shockwave procedure.

I’m of the opinion that it is not indicated in an asymptomatic patient.

Let me know if I can assist you further.
Wishing you good health

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor