Suggest treatment for kidney stones
Shockwave procedure not indicated if there is no pain.
Thanks for trusting HealthcareMagic!
I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns.
Shockwave procedure is generally needed in renal stones that causes severe pain. In your case, if you don’t have any pain or other discomforts. So procedures not really indicated.
Your treating doctor may be worried about future attacks of pain. That’s why he advised shockwave procedure.
I’m of the opinion that it is not indicated in an asymptomatic patient.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Wishing you good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What treatment is suggested for kidney stone
- Embedded kidney stones treatment
- Natural treatment kidney stones
- Kidney stone self treatment
- Kidney stones causes and treatment
- Suggest treatment for kidney stones
- What is the treatment for kidney stones
- Treatment and cure for Kidney stones
- Laser treatment kidney stones
- Kidney stone treatment in nutrilite
- Suggest treatment for rashes on the back
- What causes thinning of the nails due to vitamin deficiency?
- What does my PSA test report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for urinary incontinence in a person with COPD
- What are the signs and symptoms of gastroenteritis?
- Suggest treatment for persistent urinary tract infection
- What causes difficulty in urinating while suffering from prostrate...
- Suggest treatment for chest pain when diagnosed with gastritis
- Can intake of Avil cause any harm?
- How is an angioplasty procedure done?