What causes backache and burning sensation in the stomach?

Dr. Manjunath Metri

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in Back Pain
Question: I've had a pain in my mid back, more towards the left. It feels like a muscle and sometimes is a burning pain that radiates to my stomach. What could this be?
Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can think of 3 things.. please read detailed answer

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HealthcareMagic..
Thank you for posting your query here and I am definitely going to help you out...

I read your question completely and have understood...

Please note...

1. Muscle niggles can cause such problems.
Did you have any history of trauma in recent past?

2. Also, Gastritis can sometimes present in such situations.

3. Renal Stones is also a possibility...

Not to worry.
Let's hope it's Gastritis. Which is most commonly observed of above three if there is no trauma.
Please get back to me with your answers...

Happy to help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Manjunath Metri 36 minutes later
I had a baby in XXXXXXX natural delivery and lift her up and down daily. Also, have had a few muscle spasms.
Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, then that's it.. seems like a muscular pain then

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for getting back...

Me too feel like it's muscular pain..
Please take analgesics like Paracetamol(Tylenol).
It should help.
Also, gentle massages and exercises help you.

Hope I have answered your query.

Follow up: Dr. Manjunath Metri 30 minutes later
Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 7 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Welcome and take care...
In case you need further assistance please contact me back..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng