Is Ibuprofen advisable while having asthma?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2017
Sep 2017
Excellent

Pulmonologist
Question
Hi Doctor,

My wife seems to be have mumps, her right cheek is swolen and she has pain. She wanted to take Ibuprofen, however the medicine instructions states check with your doctor if you have asthma. do you have any other pain reliever or pain reducer that is available over counter. Appreciate your guidance and help.

Thanks
XXXX
Wed, 23 May 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry for ibuprofen.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
She can definitely take ibuprofen. No need to worry much. Ibuprofen is safe in asthma patients.
You can try Akilos P. It is having aceclofenac and paracetamol combination. It is safe in asthma and easily available over the counter with brand name of Akilos P.
Please let me know if she had allergic reaction to painkiller in the past.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wishing good health to your wife. Thanks.

Follow-up: Is Ibuprofen advisable while having asthma? 22 minutes later
Doctor,

I have sent the pictures of my wife cheek and neck where the swelling is there. Can she take erothromycin as suggested by you over phone?

Thanks
XXXX

Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Since how many days she is having this swelling?

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your follow up question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
I have gone through the images you have attached.
It is very difficult to appreciate swelling without comparing to other side.
So it will be of great help if you can send me image of whole face. This will give me better idea.
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better. I will be happy to help you further. Wishing good health to your wife. Thanks.