What causes elevated TSH levels despite taking Nature Throid?

Endocrinologist
Question
My daughter was diagnosed with Graves’ disease at age 10, had ablation. She is 20 now, her recent blood test showed a TSH of 46! 6 months ago all was normal, she takes nature throid at 162.5 and has been consistent. Her free t3 and t4 are slightly low. Any suggestions?

Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Insufficient dose of Nature thyroid:

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking!
I can understand your concern regarding to your daughter's health.
The TSH level is too high, suggesting for a low dose of nature thyroid or probably she hasn't taken it continuously or properly especially if she has been on this treatment 6 months ago when TSH was normal.
Anyway she should consult her physician to increase the dose, even though I would suggest to be treated with levothyroxine as the dose management is better than that of Nature thyroid.
Hope the information will help.
Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta