What causes delayed menstruation?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Sat, 1 Apr 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: my and my partner have frequent sex(unprotected). i have not started my period since January 1-5 im on a 25 day cycle regular. i took a pregnancy text it read negative, i have plenty signs of pregnancy. i been pregnant before but lost the baby at 15 weeks. last time though i couldnt show up on a urine test till i was 9 weeks pregnant bc i had low hcg levels..
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Appropriate investigations should be done

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Delayed periods can be due to pregnancy, stress or hormonal imbalance like hypothyroidism or hyperprolactinemia.
You should get an ultrasound and blood beta hCG levels done to confirm whether any pregnancy is there or not.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T