Ultrasound shows bulky uterus with early changes of adenomyosis. Treatment?
Thanks for the query.
your ultrasound features are suggesting adenomyosis,
Adenomyosis occurs due to in-growth of endometrial layer into myometrium, the growth of it is usually estrogen dependent.
the treatment mainly depends on presence of symptoms,
you didn't mention whether you are having any symptoms of adenomyosis like excessive menstrual bleeding, dysmenorrhoea etc,
the treatment options are,
medical treatment like using progesterone pills or cyclical estrogen and progesterone or intrauterine devices like levonorgestrel-releasing-IUD,
these will help in decreasing the symptoms, but after stopping the drugs problem may recur.
the permanent solution for adenomyosis is surgery either hysterectomy or conservative surgery like partial resection of adenomyomata.
as vitamin-D deficiency is said to have some role in estrogen receptor modulation that can be one cause for adenomyosis, so supplementation can improve the symptoms.
after consulting your doctor you can take vitamin-D injections and depending on your symptoms choose treatment for adenomyosis according to your wish and her advice.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
the symptoms of adenomyosis are,
-heavy bleeding during periods,
-dysmenorrhea and pain during periods,
-sometimes the pain may be continuous,
-pressure on bladder causing urinary problems like urgency or frequency etc,
-bearing down feeling etc.
the treatment depends on symptoms, some women with no symptoms may not need treatment other than observation,
in symptomatic women the treatment can be medical treatment to surgical as I told previously.
the problems with this are excessive loss of blood can cause anemia and related problems,
pain abdomen may cause difficulty in doing routine work,
distortion of uterine cavity can affect fertility.
if you are having only symptom of excessive menstrual bleeding, as you are in 30's only you can go for medical treatment after discussing with your doctor.
the period of treatment depends on the extent of the adenomyosis, in case of early stage it may take few months.
as this is common problem in many women with treatment available, you don't get tensed about it.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ultrasound shows bulky uterus with early changes of adenomyosis treatment
- Heavy periods ultrasound shows anteverted uterus thick endometrium treatment
- Ultrasound bulky uterus
- Retrograde uterus and early ultrasounds
- Had miscarriage missed periods ultrasound shows bulky uterus suggestions treatment
- Pelvic ultrasound showing adenomyosis anteverted uterus what is the treatment
- Ultrasound shows bulky uterus pcod chances of pregnancy
- Ultrasound uterus adenomyosis
- Early pregnancy ultrasound uterus bulky
- Had menorrhagia ultrasound showed uterus enlarged treatment
- EMG report enclosed. Feeling warm hands & face, hematuria, stiffness,...
- Irritable sensation on the tongue. Poor perception of smell and taste....
- Took Ipill a while after period. How long will the affect last? Will it...
- What is the meaning of high eosinophil levels?
- Use multivitamins when stressed and depressed. Why is my face red and...
- Periods not stopping, light flow, cramping, losing weight, tests normal....
- Infrequent Stomach pain, nausea. Had Appendicitis inflammation. Are they...
- Can pomegranate be taken during pregnancy?
- Low platelet count due to Epstein-Barr viral infection. Swollen lymph...
- Egg ruptured, missed period. Taking Krimson35, asked to stop this....