Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

195 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment to get un-interrupted sleep

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 180 Questions
Am not getting un-interrupted sleep for quite some time, stress is taking a toll on my health. What to do!!
Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Ashwin Bhandari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Follow the instructions.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query.

I understand your concerns.

The best way to manage stress is through Meditation, yoga or relaxation techniques.

Please follow regular meditation or yoga along with regular physical exercises as this would keep you mentally and physically fit.

Avoid excess tea/coffee, smoking or alcohol intake, considering it to be a stress buster.

Avoid having dinner late in the night. Maintain a gap of min. 2 hrs between dinner and going to bed.

While in bed, if difficult to sleep follow relaxation exercises like deep breathing which will divert your attention and will relax you.

Consume plenty of fluids like water and fruit juices which will keep you refresh and hydrated.

Hope this answers your query. If any further questions, will be happy to help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist