Suggest treatment for severe throat pain

Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh

Pediatrician

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Child Health
Question: Hello doctor ,
My son has a severe throat pain and he cannot gulp anything. in 3 days he looks so lean .
Answered by Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it may be pharyingitis

Detailed Answer:

It looks like case of pharyngitis or tonsillitis to me.
Good thing is that his fever has reduced.

Throat pain may take some time depending upon severity of infection.
Warm salt water gargles 3 times a day will help.
Also try ginger, lemon, tulsi leaves.
Continue treatment given by the doctor.

Just tell me his weight and dose of medicines you are giving.

Happy to help you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Follow up: Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh 17 minutes later
Hello doctor ,
Thanks for your prompt reply.
His wt. is 19 kgs and his dosage is
Xuclov - 5 m
Nozuka - 5 ml
Meftal P - 5 ML
He is contantly gargling also with salt water. Pls advise some instant throat relief medication

Answered by Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
increase nozuka dose

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the follow up.
As his weight is 19 kg he will need 250mg paracetamol for pain relief.
So i suggest you to increase the dose of nozuka to 10ml or change it and use syp. Flucold -DS containing paracetamol 250 mg 5ml 3 times a day after food.
Continue rest of the medicine.
Kindly rate the answer if i help you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju