Suggest treatment for severe dizziness, blurred vision and pressure in the forehead

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Thu, 29 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have been feeling chronic dizziness, blurry vision, lightheadedness, pressure in forehead and fullness in the ear. also I feel heat like feeling in my whole face, all my blood work is normal and Mri is normal, most tests are normal. What could all this be. please help.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Anxiety

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.

Your description classically fits into tension headache. The Tension Headaches usually present with heaviness in head , band like sensation over the head and and disturbed sleep. And it can also be associated with the heat like sensations as you have been describing.

Since your blood reports are good, so the diagnosis fits into this only.

You should however see your doctor who will evaluate you for other organic causes of headache and if he feels he will get your MRI Brain done.

Also, you should get your eye sight tested.

Tension Headaches are treated with anti depressants like Tricyclic antidepressant Amitryptilline, Or SSRI like Escitalopram.

I would recommend meditation, yoga and relaxation to help you with these symptoms.

This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Stay Healthy.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 9 hours later
I have tried amtiprityline and it didn't work, I had mri of the brain and it showed I had patchy ethmoid sinus inflammation but doctor said that can't bring all those symptoms. I had allergy test done and im currently under allergy shots and can't see improvement since im on maintainance level.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Go with SSRI.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, in that case your MRI is apparently normal for your symptoms, I would recommend you to discuss with your doctor to put you on Escitalopram.
I am very hopeful it would surely help you.
If you have any further query, please ask me.
Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 12 hours later
I had been prescribed depakote, xanax but none of this worked. The only medication that has really helped is meclizine antihistamine, could my symptoms be vestibular related problems? also I remember I had my canine teeth extracted and that's when my symptoms showed up in full blown could it be the reason? Please let me know
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes could be.

Detailed Answer:
Meclizine helps as a sedative and it can help you in symptoms of stress.
You should go ahead with the treatment discussed and may ask your doctor for Meclizine along.
It should certainly help you.
It's unlikely to be related to tooth extraction.
Good luck.
Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 29 minutes later
what did you mean when you said go ahead with the treatment discussed?
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Detail follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend,
I mean that you should discuss with your doctor to prescribe you Escitalopram. You should be doing yoga, meditation and other relaxation exercises.