Suggest treatment for running nose, fever and cough in an infant
You need not worry about the poop
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
Let me assure you that a viral fever does not need to be treated with antibiotics. Your doctor might have prescribed it just to be safe. However, if the dose is started, the course should be completed. Greenish stools occur due to rapid transit through the large intestine when the green colour of bile does not get adequate time to get converted to the yellowish colour of stool. It seems to have been caused due to the antibiotic Refzil-O (cefpirome) clearing of the normal bacteria of the intestines. You need not get concerned. Giving curd or yogurt will help in restoring these bacteria and should provide relief.
Crankiness is often seen when the child is not in good health. Do not worry, it will be ok once she recovers.
Giving steam inhalation should provide relief. Just sit with the child on your lap with the source of steam before you. Water vapour will be in the air and the child will automatically breathe it in. It will reach deep inside and would help in diluting the cough.
You need not be worried.
High fevers is a characteristic of viral infections
Thanks for writing back. High fevers is a characteristic of viral infections and the temperature needs to be kept in control by the use of medicines and/or tepid sponging. There are numerous types of viruses that may cause infections and fevers. Dengue is just one amongst them. On many occasions the fevers that we get along with cough and cold, are in fact dengue that we never distinguish and it recovers on its own. The main concern with dengue is that there is a variant where platelet count comes down and bleeding manifestations may occur. So, although without a blood test I cannot rule out the nominal possibility of it being dengue, I think that you should get concerned only if you see rashes appearing.
Hope that clears your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hoe to cure cough fever running nose
- Small child running nose fever taking crocin moreclav recurring treatment
- Fever calpol running nose and cough itching in ears
- Infant cough and running nose tips
- Treatment for frequent sneezing running nose cold and fever
- Running nose cough no fever related to hiv symptoms
- Child with running nose mild fever and whooping cough suggestion
- Have headache running nose and fever suggest medicine
- Fever cough and running nose
- Chronic cough no fever running nose chest congestion treatment
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever