Suggest treatment for rash in genital area

Dr. Binod Kumar Pati

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Engaged in risky sexual activity 4 days ago. Have experienced itchy genitals since then. Yesterday I noticed a swollen lymph node (and a smaller bump near it). Today I noticed that I have a rash / cut of some sort on the under side of my genital area. Please see attached images for further information. Please let me know my STI / STD risk. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Binod Kumar Pati 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Little more about the risk.

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.
Need some more detail:
What exact you mean by a risky exposure? Was she HIV pos/Commercial sex worker?
Was it unprotected?
All the blackening, rashes and the cuts which are there in picture were all due to fungal infection. Apply any antifungal powder and keep the area dry. Improve your genital hygiene. Change underwears frequently. You will be alright for that.

Hope to listen from you soon.
My best wishes and prayers are with you, live healthy and happy.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Binod Kumar Pati 6 hours later
Was protected sex with a sex worker in a country where this is legal. Her saliva however was applied on my genitals after the condom was taken off. Please advise next steps.
Answered by Dr. Binod Kumar Pati 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Very less chance of transmission of HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome once again.
Try to know her HIV status. If she is negative, nothing to worry. If she is positive, then also the chances of you becoming positive will be very negligible, because saliva is a very inefficient media for transmission.

But my best advice will be to always do safest sex, if you are really soo much concerned about HIV diseases.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions or queries you still have, I am here to help you till you have reached satisfaction. Have a nice day.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad