Suggest treatment for low sperm count

Dr. Gaurav Katiyar

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Infertility Problem
Question: Hi Doc, I have a 20% active sperm, 25% sluggish and 55% non motile. 29million counts. Heavy coliform in semen. What is my chance of fertility. And how can I treat this. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
active sperms are less

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query.

Your sperm count is more than the lower value, but it needs to be improved.
Actively motile sperms should be 60-80%, which is less in your case. This could be the cause of infertility. Coliform are usually present in genitals of men below 40 years. So if you dont have associated urinary tract infection, you can stop the antibiotic ciprofloxacin.

You need to increase motility and count of sperm. Fertilaid helps in it but since it is herbal product you cant completely rely on it.
Start taking Tablet Oligocare for a month and get your semen analysis done after that.

Hope I have answered you. You can close the discussion and rate the answer, if you don't have further query.

Wish you good health
Dr. Gaurav Katiyar
For further queries you can contact me directly on http://bit.ly/DrGaurav
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 17 hours later
Can I use the oligocare while still on the fertilaid or should I just discontinue the fertilaid.
Thanks you
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
discontinue

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the follow up.
Some of the ingredients like L-carnitine and vitamins are present in both Fertilaid and Oligocare.
So i suggest you to discontinue Fertilaid before starting Oligocare.

Wish you good health
Dr. Gaurav Katiyar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari