What causes pain and swelling in the lower eyelid along with pus discharge?
Seems like an Eye sty.
Thanks for the query.
An eye sty (stye) is an infection of the eyelid, resulting from a blocked oil gland. These often filled with pus. A sty usually forms on the outside of your eyelid. But sometimes it can form on the inner part of your eyelid.
Eye drop Ciprofloxacin 0.3% (eg. Ciplox) 2 drops thrice daily.
Eye ointment Tobramycin thrice daily.
Tab Cefixime 200 mg twice daily(antibiotic), you may need a prescription from your local doctor for these
Tab Diclofenac 50 mg twice daily after food(anti-inflammatory).
Take them for 5 days.
Wash the eye with cold water twice daily.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain and swelling on feet
- What causes swelling in legs with lower abdominal pain
- What causes painful wisdom tooth with pus discharge
- What causes pain and swelling in legs
- What causes swelling and pain in the clitoris
- What causes swelling and pain on the perineum
- Pain in the genitals with swelling what is causing this
- What causes painful swollen eyelid
- What are the causes for pain and swelling in toes
- What causes swelling and pain in the testicles
- What is the recovery period after cataract surgery?
- Suggest treatment for presence of floaters in vision
- Suggest treatment for myopia in a child
- Is surgery advisable for scar tissues behind the eye?
- What causes irritation in the eyes after cataract surgery?
- What causes floaters in the field of vision post cataract surgery?
- Suggest treatment for transient ischemic attack
- Suggest treatment for strabismus
- What causes swelling and redness in the eyes?
- What causes watery eyes after cataract surgery?