How to treat an eye sty?
Please suggest what is this problem on eyes and how it can be cured.
Its a sty of lower eyelid.
Have seen the photo attached.
Its sty of eye.They are normally caused by a proliferation of natural bacterial flora within the eye. This causes an inflammatory reaction pain and swelling.Eyelids have lots of tiny oil glands, which can become clogged by dead skin, dirt, or oil buildup. When a gland is blocked, bacteria can grow inside. This is what causes a stye to develop.
Wash eye thrice a day.
Use eye ointment Tobramycin thrice over inflammed area.
Tablet Gatifloxacin 400 mg twice daily or any broad spectrum antibiotic available at chemist.
Tab Acelofenac 100 mg twice daily would help in inflammation.
Tab Allegra 180 mg once daily.
All are easily available in XXXXXXX
You would be fine in 3-5 days.
Keep eyes clean.
Don’t use kohal eyeliners etc.
He is taking these medicines ( i have attached the pics) doctor said this is due to lack of moisture in eyes. Can you please now suggest the final medicines.
follow-up answer to your query.
In my opinion, lack of moisture won't affect just lower eyelid.
Secondly, if lubrication is less there would be an ulcer in the cornea (white of the eye) not on the eyelid.
It is most likely a sty.
I'd suggest following the earlier suggestion only.
In case you don’t want to neglect your ophthalmic advice just add eye drop tear sol 2 drops twice daily. It contains methylcellulose a lubricant.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the recovery period after cataract surgery?
- Suggest treatment for presence of floaters in vision
- Suggest treatment for myopia in a child
- Is surgery advisable for scar tissues behind the eye?
- What causes irritation in the eyes after cataract surgery?
- What causes floaters in the field of vision post cataract surgery?
- Suggest treatment for transient ischemic attack
- Suggest treatment for strabismus
- What causes swelling and redness in the eyes?
- What causes watery eyes after cataract surgery?