How to treat an eye sty?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Wed, 16 May 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Hi Doctor

Please suggest what is this problem on eyes and how it can be cured.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Its a sty of lower eyelid.

Detailed Answer:
Have seen the photo attached.
Its sty of eye.They are normally caused by a proliferation of natural bacterial flora within the eye. This causes an inflammatory reaction pain and swelling.Eyelids have lots of tiny oil glands, which can become clogged by dead skin, dirt, or oil buildup. When a gland is blocked, bacteria can grow inside. This is what causes a stye to develop.

Wash eye thrice a day.
Use eye ointment Tobramycin thrice over inflammed area.
Tablet Gatifloxacin 400 mg twice daily or any broad spectrum antibiotic available at chemist.
Tab Acelofenac 100 mg twice daily would help in inflammation.
Tab Allegra 180 mg once daily.
All are easily available in XXXXXXX
You would be fine in 3-5 days.
Keep eyes clean.
Don’t use kohal eyeliners etc.

Take care!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 2 hours later
Thanks Doctor

He is taking these medicines ( i have attached the pics) doctor said this is due to lack of moisture in eyes. Can you please now suggest the final medicines.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
follow-up answer to your query.

Detailed Answer:

In my opinion, lack of moisture won't affect just lower eyelid.
Secondly, if lubrication is less there would be an ulcer in the cornea (white of the eye) not on the eyelid.

It is most likely a sty.
I'd suggest following the earlier suggestion only.

In case you don’t want to neglect your ophthalmic advice just add eye drop tear sol 2 drops twice daily. It contains methylcellulose a lubricant.

Take care!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee