Can Ciprofloxacin and Tamsulosin be taken to treat fever in an elderly patient?
He has a history of bladder infections
A full course for twice a day x 10 days advisable
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Urinary tract infection is often encountered in people of his age. It is ok that his doctor has given him prophylactic antibiotic ciprofloxacin (twice weekly) but in case of indications of a definite infection episode as in this case, I would insist for a full course of antibiotics i.e. Ciprofloxacin 500 mg twice weekly for 10-14 days. I would therefore insist you not only to give another dose, but to complete the course. Feel free to discuss with his treating physician.
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is fever a side effect of ciprofloxacin otic?
- Is fever or chills a side effect of tamsulosin?
- Food for fever patient
- Viral fever in heart patient
- Child has fever taken crocin viral fever
- Low grade fever in elderly
- Fever taken antibiotic repetitive fever
- Fever in terminal cancer patients
- Treating cold and cough with fever in asthma patients
- Elders feel weak and fever