• question-icon

Suggest treatment for fever and swelling on the face

Posted on Thu, 29 Jun 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi doctor,

since ten or 15 days i feel my facial structure is changed. i notice my face got swollen and my eyes are puffy.
i use to get fever which was on and off along with headache and after taking dolo many times im not getting now. i had my monthly period last week and i usually wont be well that time like will have body pains headaches etc. long ago doc said i have got sinusitis when i had breathing problem and stuffy nose. even now i have stuffy nose but no headache and fever. but sometimes i have shortness of breath. what is this one. why i am getting alll these and why my face feels swollen. what is the reason. what tests should i go for and what are the remedies to cure.??
please suggest
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Your symptoms are suggestive of sinusitis.
Please visit an ENT specialist for sinus examination with endoscopy to arrive at the diagnosis.
Also tests like CBC, urine examination, thyroid level, blood sugar test and ultrasound of the abdomen and pelvis should be done, to rule out thyroid problem, diabetes or renal cause.
So please get the above done as suggested.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 5 hours later
Thank you for the details i will undergo the suggested tests. Tell me one thing will my facial structure go to normal?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
It depends on the cause.
Most causes are treatable so the puffiness should go once the cause is identified and treated accordingly.
Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN