• question-icon

Suggest treatment for bulging discs in the back and impingement in the hips

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: dear sir, i recently visit a local consultant orthopedic surgeon for my hip impingement (bilateral) and disc bulge (L5 to L3),and sacroiliac joint arthritis, the surgeon advised, i was unsuitable for surgical treatment . he advised physio and hydro therapy, i have DVT in left leg with a recent Myocardial Infraction and renal condition stage 3. what is my best next treatment.My GP advise me , i have only option to modify activity to prevent further damage. as there is no other option, and in future there is no chance for surgical treatment because co-morbidity to pain medicine and CKD. i have 3 cervical spine disc bulge. in view of above,can you advise me what should be my next treatment if there is further deterioration of lumbar spines , hip and cervical spine..
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
TENS can help.

Detailed Answer:
The hip impingement and disc bulge that you have is progressive age related disorder. Apparently surgical correction is not feasible in your case.

Perhaps physiotherapy, continued use of pain relieving medications along with alternative therapies such as accupunture may be helpful. Discuss about these options with the physiotherapist.
Few other options of treatment which may be useful in reducing pain and maintaining functional lifestyle are 'Transcutaneous Electric Nerve stimulation (TENS) units', relaxation techniques, occupational and physical therapy approaches.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon