Suggest treatment for back pain

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Back Pain
Question: I am 37 years old and doing as a house wife. Mainly working in the kitchen only. For the past 3 months I am suffering with back pain. I have consulted the Ortho doctor and based on his advice I have taken pain killer tablet 2/day with Pan-D and did the physiotherapy of SWD and IFT one week, IPT and IFT one week with bed rest. There is a little improvement noticed. After that I have started working slowly and pain increased in low back with right side leg. Based on the doctor advice I am taking the following tablet with bed rest and physical exercise. 1. Thiospas 8mg -2/day, Evion LC-2/day, Prothiaden 75mg-1/day, Clozepam MD 0.5 - 1/day and Neurotrat LM-1/day. I have enclosed MRI scan report and blood test report for your reference. Request you advice to proceed further.
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possible PIVD-Need surgical measure for cure

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Madam.

I can understand your concerns.

I have gone through the attached reports as well.

The back pain in your case is directly related to disc prolapse in the lower spinal cord.

This is a form of PIVD-prolapsed in vertebral disc disease causing nerve compression.

The medications prescribed to you will not offer the cure.

It is highly recommended that you consult a neurosurgeon.

Surgical procedure like discectomy (removal of extruded piece compressing the nerve) or laminectomy will cause cure.

Post your further queries if any.
Thank you.
Follow up: Dr. Suresh Heijebu 1 hour later
Thank you very much for your quick reply doctor,
I would like to ask one more clarification, Is the surgery only solution? any other possible way to over come the problem.
Is It advisable surgery at spinal cord???

Request you to suggest some measure to practice regularly to avoid surgery.
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Surgery is the safe and best option.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Madam.

I can understand your concerns.

Surgery is the only way where you can get a permanent and a full fledged relief.

The issue here is with the disc and its fragment protrusion and not with the spinal cord per se.The protrusion/fragment is compressing your nerves which exit from the spinal cord.Hence, the idea is to remove it surgically.

The outcome is usually good and safe.Do not get tensed about it

I can suggest you few exercises, which you can practise at home.

I request you to provide me your email address so that I can send you the exercises in an attached file in PDF format.

Post your further queries if any.
Thank you.

Follow up: Dr. Suresh Heijebu 12 hours later
Thank you very much doctor for your reply. My e-mail id is
YYYY@YYYY
Kindly request you to send me the exercise to practice
Thanks in advance
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Relevant exercises with a small note on rehab emailed.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Madam.

I apologize for the delayed response owing to my hectic work schedule.

I am here sending you the email .Kindly check.

Post your further queries if any.
Thank you.