What causes pain and tightness along the spine?
Thank you for posting the question on this platform.
I have gone through your medical history and the symptoms.
From the symptoms,it seems that you have a nerve compression in the cervical spine leading to pain and tightness in the upper and middle back.
Muscular pain also can mimick these symptoms sometimes,but nerve compression secondary to disc prolapse is more likely.
An MRI of the cervical spine and upper back can help you reach a diagnosis.
You should consult your doctor and ask for an MRI .
Costochondritis and fibromyalgia seem to be unrelated.
If a cervical disc prolapse / nerve compression is confirmed on an MRI,then physiotherapy,exercises,cervical traction,short wave diathermy are the options for effective pain relief.
I hope the answer was useful to you.
Do let me know the MRI report once it is done.
Also do u think it is possible it can be related to cardiac or lungs although I did have all tests done at end of July beginning of August and they were normal
Not related to heart / lungs
CT scan is a different investigation which predominently focuses on bones and joints.
For the symptoms that you are experiencing,MRI is the best modality of investigation.
The symptoms surely are not related to heart and lungs.
yes ,massage will be helpful
Massage of the muscles will be helpful if done by an expert by proper methods.
But if a nerve is compressed in the spine,then massage won't help much.
MRI will give you an exact clue to the diagnosis.
Still,you can give massage a try,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes brusing on the spine
- What causes a curved spine
- What causes constant headache and burning pain in spine
- Curved spine causing chest pain
- What could cause painful shoulder blades spine and depressing thoughts
- What causes a jittery spine
- What causes an itchy spine
- What causes sharp pain between left shoulder blade and spine
- Diabetic spine infection pain what could cause this
- What causes pulsating sharp spine pain
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the middle fingers
- Suggest treatment for severe muscular and joints pain
- Suggest treatment for severe pain and swelling in the leg
- Suggest treatment for left shoulder pain in an elderly person
- Suggest treatment for chronic pain in the legs when diagnosed with CMT
- Suggest treatment for severe shoulder pain
- What causes shortness of breath and constant back pain?
- Suggest treatment for foot stress fracture
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the right ankle
- What causes twinging pain post intake of Mobic?