What causes back pain in an elderly person?
Advice to undergo MRI spine
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic for your health concern
Back pain radiating down to legs with associated weakness is indicative of spinal problems leading to nerbmve compression. Arthritis, disc prolapse, etc can result in such nerve compression. MRI scan of spine is required to identify the underlying cause.
Gabapentin is not only for seizures, but also for the treatment of nerve pain. Please be advised to continue gabapentin as prescribed and follow up with an orthopedician to undergo the MRI scan. If nerve compression is confirmed, then surgical procedures to decompress the nerves can greatly relieve the pain and difficulty walking .
Hope this answers your question
Please address further questions here
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes breathlessness and back pain
- Ibuprofen causing back pain
- What causes bloating and back pain
- What is the cause of back pain with fever
- What causes upper back pain
- Causes of severe back pain
- Back pain caused by angina
- What causes middle back pain
- What causes severe back pain
- What causes back pain in ict
- Suggest treatment for chronic rhinosinusitis
- Suggest treatment for chronic constipation
- What causes severe muscle and upper body pain?
- Suggest remedies for delayed menstrual bleeding
- What causes intermittent sharp pain in the groin area while walking?
- Suggest ways to deal with behavioral volatility and emotional outbursts...
- Suggest treatment for pinched nerve spasms in the shoulders, neck and arms
- What do itchy rashes on the legs indicate?
- Suggest treatment for rashes between leg and scrotum
- What are the interactions when Bisoprolol, Amlodipine, Lisinopril and...