Severe pain in throat due to recurrent tonsillitis. Is there any permanent cure?
Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.
I have gone through your query regarding severe pain in throat due to recurrent tonsillitis.
As you said that your daughter had 4 episodes in 5 months, now she is facing much problems as not getting relief by conservative treatment.You are advice here to do some basic investigations as-
(a) Culture and sensitivity of throat swab.
(b) Blood -CBC, ESR, ASO titre, Serum creatinin, blood sugar -F. P.P.,
(c) X-Ray chest.
(d) Urine -Routine and microscopic.
(e) Thoruugh cardic examination to rule out Rhumatic heart disease.
Since your daughter is at present not responding well to penicillin so with the concent of your treating doctor you may add antiobiotic Erythromycin to get added responce and later on switch over to antibiotic as recomonded by culture and sensitivity report of throat swab.
As soon as this acute phase is over you should plan for tonsillectomy operation, as 4 attacks in 5 months and history of joint pain is strong indication for tonsillectomy.
I hope this will help your daughter.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of recurrent tonsil infections
- Treatment and cure for Recurrent tonsillitis
- Diagnosis of Recurrent tonsillitis
- Recurrent tonsillitis in adults
- Diagnosis of recurrent tonsil infections
- Recurrent tonsilitis while on antibiotics
- Treatment and cure for recurrent tonsil infections
- Symptoms of Recurrent tonsillitis
- Recurrent tonsillitis causes
- Recurrent tonsil infections causes
- Doppler test showed beginning stage of vascular headache with imbalance...
- Pus and blood filled bump on arm. What could be causing this?
- Child allergic to dust and milk. Noticed swelling on lips and penis...
- Home remedy to cure bad smell coming from nose?
- Feeling dizzy, heavy headed, pressure near nose, cheek and ears. Cause...
- Have hemicrania continua and stomach flu. Getting chest pain, diarrhea...
- Suffering from sinusitis. Getting pain in ear with significant hearing...
- Sore throat with blisters on it and getting pain while swallowing. Took...
- Suffering from throat infection. Not cured by allergy medicine. Any...
- Developed blurred vision, ear pain and yellowish fluid discharge. On...