Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Missing period while on fertiltea. Should I be worried?

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9351 Questions
I took fertiltea for 33 days and since taking it i have not had a period, my fsh levels were taken on day 39 and was 190 and I am very worried. I have never missed a period, and I regret taking it, when will it get out of my system. I feel like my world has collapsed.
Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your query.
Why are you so worried,this is just one missed period, and I am sure it will stabilize till next one. Many healthy women experience missing periods and this isnt sign of anything serious. Fertilitea is natural herbal and its effciency is doubtful, I wouldnt recommend it as a way to treat menstruation cycle disorders. I d rather suggest detailed gynaecologist work up to find the exact cause of your difficulties and then it can be treated by more scientific methods, usually by hormonal therapy. Fertiltea ingredients are excreted mostly by kidney and it is needed 10-14 days till complete excretion,but its effects may be present a few weeks longer. Also, it shouldnt cause such FSH elevation, so I suggest to do all hormines blood levels and pelvic ultrasounds to check the condition of your ovaries.
WIsh you good health. If you have any question I ll be glad to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Missing period while on fertiltea. Should I be worried? 23 hours later
Hi, and thanks for answering my question. This week I am having laparoscopy keyhole surgery, what will they check?

Also how and what can I do to lower my FSH levels. Are steriods given to lower the levels. What are the risks of these steroids.

Since I have not had my period is it advisable to take clomid so I can ovulate?

I am very concerned and worried.
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 2 hours later
Hi again.
Laparoscopy exploration is useful and relatively simple and minimal invasive procedure which very efficient visualize abdominal and pelvic organs especailly ovarian pathology( cysts and PCOS) and endometriosis as well as uterine disorders. SO this is good choice and I think this should be performed.
FSH elevation indicates impaired ovarian reserve and this cause of this elevation should be found. It can be ovarian cyst or PCOS or hormonal imbalance as well as elevated secretion in brain.
CLomide actually elevates FSH too and on this way it stimulates ovaries so unfortunately it might not be helpful in your case. Steroids may be used for therapy but it has some unpleasant side effects;
I suggest to wait with any therapy till laparoscopy is done and the exact cause found. Then it can be properly treated.
I am sure this will be fine because more than 85% of these disorders are curable by medicines and you dont have to be very concerned, just be patient.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor