Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Itching in penis and not able to pull foreskin of penis.

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
I have a itching problem in pennis and not able to pull the forehead of pennis
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some good information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

You mentioned in your question that you're having difficulty with your penis. The difficulty you're having is certainly related to a degree of inflammation which is going on in the skin around your penis.

The most common cause of itching as well as difficulty with the foreskin is a fungal infection. I am suspicious that a fungal infection is what you are dealing with. These are generally successfully treated with a topical cream. I encourage you to go to your local pharmacy to purchase a tube of this cream. The active ingredient of the cream is clotrimazole. Your pharmacist will be able to help you find this if you are unable to do it on your own.

After you purchased the cream I recommend that you apply it generously to the affected area three times per day for at least 5 to 7 days. It may take some time for the pain and itching to go away but I am confident that this will be of good assistance to you in recovering.

If for some reason your symptoms do not improve I think it will be necessary for you to visit with your response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional questions I would be happy to address them.


Dr. Robert
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Itching in penis and not able to pull foreskin of penis. 6 hours later
Could you tell me the name of the cream i should buy in Bangalore, India.
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 25 hours later
Hello again,

You may consider purchasing Clogen or Absorb ( Clotrimazole ) topical ointment. This is an over the counter drug in India. You do not need a doctor's prescription for this. Please do not use it if you are hypersensitive to it.

As I said earlier, apply the ointment Clogen / Absorb generously to the affected area three times per day for at least 5 to 7 days. Please discuss regarding the same with your treating doctor.

Hope this helps.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor