How long does Percocet stay in the body?

Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have been taking one 5/325 Percocet for back pain at bedtime for around 9 weeks. I believe I am allergic to Tylenol because my skin doctor said a rash on my foot was from a narcotic medication. I have a total loss of appetite along with stomach pain. How long does it take for Percocet to get out of your body and is something available to rid this dangerous drug from my body?
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
24 hours after ingestion

Detailed Answer:

percocet contains two drugs (paracetamol and oxycodone). Both of them are eliminated within 24 hours after ingestion. The exact time may vary for different individuals. If you're having an allergic reaction then antihistamines may help.

Paracetamol (tylenol) is less likely than oxycodone to cause an allergic reaction, although you can never know...

Kind Regards!
Follow up: Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 28 minutes later
Dr Panagiotis, I am not sure I am allergic to Percocet, but since I started taking it, my foot rash appeared, I have lost 10 pounds from 183 to 173, my doctor put me on 50mg of Zoloft for anxiety and I am at my wits end. I have taken Zoloft in the past so I don't think Zoloft is the problem. On February 10th I went to the ER for Ileus. The doctors feel Percocet caused it. Since that time I had 2 Ct scans and extensive lab work and all is normal.
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
if it's percocet, stopping it for 24 hours should eliminate the symptoms...

Detailed Answer:
Nobody can tell for sure... If it's percocet that caused the rash then the rash should wear off (or at least get better) after 24 hours (or within 24 hours). If it does not then other causes would have to be considered. The antihistamine will help with the rash. Remember that all drugs may cause allergic reactions even if they've been used in the past without any problems.

Kind Regards!