Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

155 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have white patches on penis head and itchy foreskin. Any advice?

Answered by
Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar


Practicing since :2003

Answered : 2190 Questions

Posted on Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems
Question: Hello doctor...I have a white patch and a white broken pimple that looks like a round white patch and pink center, on my penile head from past few weeks, also have itchy skin when I pull back the foreskin..I was reading about it and looked like a yeast infection as saw some cheese like deposit once,....not sure...I tried using coconut oil and garlic, it helped avoid the itch but the patch is still more deposits doesn't pain but the patch doesn't go...I also have 1 or 2 itchy spots on scrotum...can you please advise me what to do..I am anyways going to take an appointment with a dermatologist soon. Thanks for your answer.
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 2 hours later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

I have seen the picture which you have sent. In my opinion, this appears more likely to be a 'balanitis' (infection of the glans), caused by a fungal (yeast) infection. I would suggest the following measures:

- Wash the area (with the foreskin retracted) three to four times daily with diluted potassium permanganate solution (potassium permanganate crystals or solution should be available with your local chemist)

- After washing and patting dry with a clean cloth, apply a thin layer of an anti-fungal cream like miconazole (Micoderm) or clotrimazole (Candid), twice a day over the affected areas.

- Keep the surrounding areas clean, sweat-free and dry/

- Avoid using any strongly perfumed soap or shower gels/

- Avoid wearing tight clothing and wear loose cotton underwear

If these measures are followed, your lesion should most likely settle down gradually within a week to 10 days. In case it doesn't, then you have to see a dermatologist for a detailed evaluation and further treatment.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

Recent questions on  Clotrimazole

doctor1 MD

I m a 32year male, generally healthy. Literally over a night or two, I have developed a red, raised rash on the skin between my butt cheeks. I originally thought it was haemorrhoids and so tried zinc oxide and lidocaine cream, after bathing them in salt water, but felt it started to spread further onto the cheek and up towards my scrotum. I therefore thought it could be fungal nappy rash (due to sweating and hot weather) and so bought clotrimazole 2%, which I have ude for 2 days now, but to little improvement. Any thoughts please? Thank you!

doctor1 MD

i have clotrimazole and betamethasone dipropionate lotion 30 mL my PCP doctor gave it to me to use around my ankles as i had a red itchy rash around both ankles. the lotion did take the rash away. i have gotten a red rash on my face on the right cheek that is also very itchy. my makeup only conceals it a little, as it more noticeable under lights or when i am outside. i take cholesterol medication and blood pressure medicine, also for anxiety i take generic version of xanax .025 2 to 3 times a day. Would this lotion be safe to try to use on my cheek.

Thanks very much. I am 75 years old and my name is Marcy.

doctor1 MD

hi, I am a daily user of clotrimazole solution under breast daily due to yeast. recently I developed a awful burning red swollen looking rash under both breast and spreading . I stopped wearing under wire bras and the med is not helping just makes burn more. cold packs help with pain. please help?

doctor1 MD

I have a rash in my left armpit only. Little itch. My doctor prescribed and I used a tube of ketocamozole. After six weeks I returned to the doctor. He then prescribed, which I took, a four day course of ketocamozole. Each time the rash greatly improved but did not quite go away. Same response when I use OTC anti-fungal, lotrimin.The rash is almost non-existent, but flares up when I perspire. Always there.Should I try a steroid of some type?

doctor1 MD

My daughter is overseas and has asked about a rash she has developed: First one, now two, salmon-colored slightly raised patches of approximately 2 and 3 centimeters, respectively. One is just anterior to her left axilla, the other is on her...

doctor1 MD

Hi For the past week or so my fingers, in between my thumb it’s red and my next finger it’s red on the side and my middle finger its red on the side of it is red and itchy and has a few tiny cuts on one finger. I don’t know how I got this? If it’s...

doctor1 MD

Hi For the past week or so my fingers, in between my thumb it’s red and my next finger it’s red on the side and my middle finger its red on the side of it is red and itchy and has a few tiny cuts on one finger. I don’t know how I got this? If it’s...