What causes redness and itching in between the fingers?
For the past week or so my fingers, in between my thumb it’s red and my next finger it’s red on the side and my middle finger its red on the side of it is red and itchy and has a few tiny cuts on one finger. I don’t know how I got this? If it’s from the cold weather here now. Or to much on my iPad or what? What can I use over the counter to get rid of this?
Possibly due to a fungal infection
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. It seems that you are suffering from a fungal infection. Accumulation of sweat during prolonged working on iPad can be a possible contributor. However, I would insist you to upload an image. It will help me to confirm.
I would insist you to apply some antifungal powder or lotion like clotrimazole topically (OTC). In addition, If itchiness is associated, I would insist you to take some antiallergic like cetirizine tablet (OTC) once daily for the next few days.
Let me know if I could help further.
How long will this last?
I'm gonna send you a picture of my fingers
Please upload an image
No, that is not a cortisone cream. Cetirizine is an antiallergic. I doubt if putting hemp crepe would be a good idea.
Upload the image and based on my assessment I would be able to suggest how long it could last.
I got it uploaded,..is celtzerine tablet like Zyrtec for allergies?
Candid B Cream should help.
I have checked the attachment. The area looks inflamed. Try applying Candid B cream topically (for not more than a week, else it will develop a tendency to recur).
Zyrtec is same as cetirizine.
Candid B contains Clotrimazole along with Beclometasone
Candid B contains Clotrimazole along with Beclometasone, a steroid, which will help in reducing the inflammation. You should let it remain open. Ensure that the area remains clean and dry.
Not the right medicine
No, it is not the right medicine for foot fungus. Please elaborate on the problem and I would guide you accordingly.
Please elaborate on the complaint
You have not elaborated on the problem. You need not go for Candid B [already stated in the last communication]. It contains an antifungal and a steroid (antiinflammatory). It should help.
It is available over the counter (OTC) and you can get it from the pharmacy. Yes, I have checked the image of your hand and have already provided the suggestion earlier in the thread. When you mentioned foot fungus I expected that you are talking about a different issue involving your feet.
I went to fast care she thinks it’s contact dermatitis or something like that, it’s not contagious . She put me on triamcinolone acetonide external cream 0.025%. It’s a cream to apply 2 times a day for seven days. If it’s not better by then to contact my main physician. Is this cream good and will it work?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes itching with red bumps on ankles
- What causes itching and burning red eyes
- What causes redness and itching in the pubic area
- What causes red and swollen penis foreskin with itching
- What causes swollen index finger with red dots on it
- What causes a red bump on finger
- What could cause itching swelling and redness in a finger
- What is the virus that causes red splotchy itching on breast
- What is the cause of itching and redness in legs
- What causes redness and dryness in the finger web
- Suggest treatment for severe loose motion
- Is there any cure for degenerative mucoid cyst associated with...
- Suggest treatment for chronic severe diarrhea and stomach pain
- Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?
- What causes unusual sweating?
- Suggest treatment for joints pain in a person with IBS
- What are the side effects of Superglue injection?
- Suggest remedy for excessive dryness in mouth
- Is restarting of Casodex advisable after stopping it?
- Suggest treatment for severe constipation